Monday, October 24, 2011

Staycation: Day 1

Not a bad day at all. My dad worked on tearing the old, rotted wood off of the garage roof while my mom and I tore out all the ugly bushes in the front yard and dug up crab grass. Yesterday I gathered paint samples for my bedroom and the living room. I think I found a good one for the bedroom but I'm still deciding on the living room. Too many choices! I also replaced the flush handle on my toilet. My plans for the kitchen curtains keep getting foiled. I finally decided to go with a sample I had gotten a couple weeks ago, and when I returned to the fabric store they were all out :( So I got a couple more samples, decided on one and drove back today to get it with my mom only to find the store closed at 4:00! Who closes that early?! Oh well, I'll get those curtains done one way or another. Here are some photos of today's work:


Roof ripped off.

Before

After

Ripped the bushes out with the Explorer. I felt tough.


3 comments:

  1. I love that you used the Explorer to pull out the bushes! What are you planning to put on the side of the house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, I'm so behind!! Had no idea about the secret new blog! What a great idea... love the look of it.

    Now I need to catch up on all your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, Amy, I was just thinking about texting you since I hadn't seen you respond to anything!

    Molly, I want to put some native shrubs in. Something that will add a bit of seperation between the sidewalk and my windows since people walking by are so close. I haven't decided what types yet.

    ReplyDelete